Earth Hour Malaysia
Since its inception three years ago, Earth Hour’s non-partisan approach has captured the world’s imagination and became a global phenomenon. Nearly one billion people turned out for Earth Hour 2009 – involving 4,100 cities in 87 countries on seven continents.
2009 was the first time Malaysia officially participated in Earth Hour bringing Malaysians to turn off their lights for one hour to show their support towards climate change. Many prominent landmarks switched off their lights and Malaysians celebrating. Its estimated that more than 5million Malaysians participated in Earth Hour.
You can support Earth Hour by:
- Turning off your lights at 8.30PM on March 27
- Pledge your support towards Earth Hour 2010!
- Showing your support and adding yourself to our world map
- Adding Earth Hour widgets, logos and banners to your blog or website to help us spread the word
- Download e-cards and send them to your friends & family or share it on your social network
- Download the poster pack and posters* especially designed by Vine House Productions and spread the word to colleagues, business partners, friends and family.
- Talking about Earth Hour in your social network by updating your Social Network grabbing a Twibbon, tweeting about your support, and more
- Get together with your friends and family, by hosting an Earth Hour party or holding your own candlelit affair
- Rally your local council or community group to run an Earth Hour event for your community
- Encourage your employer and workmates to take part in Earth Hour and make energy savings every day
- Make an Earth Hour Lantern as a symbol of hope for the future
- Be creative! Find a new way to mark Earth Hour and let us know all about it!
okey...support this for our own future...